33" and Model 840 EXCEN-CRUSHER
United Conveyor Corporation (UCC) EXCEN-CRUSHER® Clinker Grinders are specifically designed for both wet and dry bottom ash applications, offering superior performance and high-level reliability. With decades of proven experience, UCC clinker grinders effectively reduce material size providing higher efficiency in pneumatic, hydraulic and mechanical bottom ash handling systems.
The Model 840 is an equivalent design to the 33”, with the exception that the Model 840 has been specifically engineered for the International market with the drive and routine maintenance components designed to meet International standards.
With thousands of units in service, UCC EXCEN-CRUSHER Clinker Grinders are the industry standard for utility and industrial power plants across the world. Through continuous design improvement, the UCC EXCEN-CRUSHER offers efficient operation, superior sealing and longer service life. Most models are in-stock for immediate delivery to help minimize downtime.
- Superior Construction for Longer, Reliable Service
- Rugged and reusable fabricated steel body and cam support are built to last multiple service intervals
- Carbon or stainless steel bodies with optional side liner (body armor) for added wear protection
- Standard 4-bolt DURITE® H cams are designed for severe-duty applications
- Square profile teeth provide effective shearing and longer wear life
- Optional cast-in tungsten carbide cams available for the most extreme applications
- Optimal Sealing Performance
- Optional spring-loaded packing glands prevent leakage, minimize maintenance and increase reliability
- Elastomer seal rings resist abrasion and wallowing in low-temperature, wet applications
- Superior performance of woven graphite packing in high-temperature, dry applications
- Superior Seal Options
- Fixed Bearing Style – UCC proven design includes elastomer seal rings in wet/low-temperature applications and woven graphite packing in dry/high-temperature applications
- Floating Seal Style – In wet applications the flexible diaphragm allows the packing gland to "ride along" with the shaft as it deflects, ensuring a tight and leak-free seal
- Pillow-Block Bearing Style – Bearings are located farther out on the shaft to better isolate them from the packing glands
- Efficient Operation
- Single roll cam design produces more crushing force than a double roll design while reducing initial cost, rebuild cost and power consumption
- 10 HP gearmotor is field proven to efficiently reduce the broadest range of friable materials
- Solid state control panels provide automatic reversing and overload current protection
- Standard drive design with flex coupling and control panel maximizes crushing torque
- Simple Installation and Maintenance
- Optional roll-out feature cuts down on installation and maintenance time and effort
- Compact design and industry standard inlet/outlet/overall dimensions allow easy retrofit
- Replaceable, hardened stainless steel shaft sleeves save on shaft repair/replacement costs
- Optional auto-lube controller eliminates day-to-day maintenance and ensures seal performance
- UCC factory rebuilds and kits extend clinker grinder life and increase return on investment
What is an EXCEN-CRUSHER Clinker Grinder & what does it do?[+]
“Clinker Grinders” are commonly used in the Coal Fired Power & other industries to reduce the size of friable materials (bottom ash, economizer ash, etc) so downstream handling systems can process the particles properly without plugging the line. EXCEN-CRUSHER is the designed specifically for severe duty, abrasive ash crushing applications. The UCC EXCEN-CRUSHER is the preferred clinker grinder for bottom ash size reduction available.
What information is needed to select the proper crusher?[+]
Basic requirements should be determined before selecting an EXCEN-CRUSHER clinker grinder, including:
- Type of process material that will be handled and at what temperature
- Application for a wet or dry service
- Capacity (throughput) required for normal and upset conditions
- Input or Discharge Particle Size Requirements
What sizes are available & how do I choose a crusher size?[+]
Size selection is primarily determined by the required capacity (throughput), although other considerations may play a factor. UCC EXCEN-CRUSHER clinker grinders are available in the following standard (inlet) sizes:
- 840 mm
- 460 mm
What styles are available & how do I choose a crusher style?[+]
There are different styles available to best suit specific application requirements. Each style maintains the standard inlet, discharge and flange-to-flange height dimensions.
Flange Bearing Style: This standard seal design uses spring loaded packing glands and seal rings to prevent leakage in both wet or dry applications. UCC’s proven designs include elastomer seal rings in wet/low temp applications (better abrasion resistance and better seal by resisting wallowing) and woven graphite packing in dry/high temp applications.
Floating Seal Style: For exceptional seal performance in wet/submerged applications, the optional floating seal design includes a flexible diaphragm which allows the packing gland to “ride along” with the shaft as it deflects so that the seal constantly remains concentric and leak-free. Basically, the floating seal compensates for the shaft deflection.
Pillow-Block Style: This legacy design which features heavy-duty pillow-block bearings and fixed packing glands is still available to replace existing Pillow-Block style EXCEN-CRUSHER clinker grinders.
How is the EXCEN-CRUSHER superior to other clinker grinders?[+]
EXCEN-CRUSHER clinker grinders are specifically designed for superior performance in severe duty ash grinding applications. Our customers benefit from 40 years of clinker grinder design/operation experience and with readily available quality components, and field support. EXCEN-CRUSHER’s are the most durable, reliable, and cost-effective clinker grinders available.
How do I obtain additional information or pricing for EXCEN-CRUSHER clinker grinders?[+]
Additional information can be obtained by contacting your local UCC Sales Representative.