40D Knife Gate
For nearly 20 years, the United Conveyor Corporation (UCC) 40D Knife Gate Valve has delivered reliable performance in over 5,000 installed units worldwide. Designed specifically for on/off pipeline isolation service in pneumatic conveying applications of abrasive material such as dry ash, this rugged and easy to maintain valve is a proven industry standard.
UCC has taken this reliable design and incorporated several enhancements for improved sealing performance, greater reliability and extended service life. The 40D knife gate valve is shipped fully assembled to reduce field assembly and installation costs.
- Superior Sealing Performance
- Spring-loaded packing design maintains seal pressure during operation, preventing leakage and extending the life of the blade and packing
- Multi-layered PTFE impregnated yarn reduces friction on the blade providing a pressure-tight seal and easy operation
- Rounded blade edges provides improved sealing and prevents packing damage
- Crowned, packing gland maintains uniform pressure on the packing
- Precision-machined blade guides prevent lateral gate movement assuring proper blade operation
- Adjustable blade wedge pins (branchline only) align the blade tight against the seat
Longer Service Life
Replaceable seat, flow cone and wear liner allow the valve to be economically rebuilt
Stainless steel blade provides excellent corrosion resistance
- Replaceable blade wedge pins (branchline only) allow the body to be reused
- Optional Components
- Blade material options: 304 or 316 stainless steel
- Seat material options: hardened ductile iron or ceramic tiled
- Flow cone material options: hardened ductile iron, ceramic tiled or tungsten carbide
- Wear liner material options: hardened ductile iron or ceramic tiled
- Actuator options: air cylinder, handwheel, chainwheel or motor operator
- Roller lever type and proximity limit switches are available with pre-drilled brackets for easy installation
- Purge air kit allows material buildup to be flushed from the body cavity
- Rainhood provides environmental protection
- Pre-piping options:
- Brass or stainless steel Swagelok® fittings
- Rubber or stainless steel Swagelok hoses
Is the packing gland adjustable?[+]
Yes, it is. Depending on the operating conditions of the system, the packing gland typically needs adjustment every year on vacuum systems and twice a year for pressure systems. The packing gland also includes a spring loaded feature that maintains loading during operation which prevents leakage and extends the life of blade and packing.
How is the blade kept against the seat?[+]
The wedge pins pushes the blade tightly against the seat which improves the sealing. The wedge pins are replaceable and adjustable. If the valve develops a leak, the wedge pins can be adjusted to eliminate or reduce the leakage between the blade and seat.
Can these valves be rebuilt?[+]
Yes, both valve and actuator can be rebuilt. See drawing 3-1918-27 for valve repair and maintenance kits and see drawing 2-1919-39 for air cylinder rebuild kits.
What is the minimum air pressure required to actuate the air cylinder on these valves?[+]
The operating range for the air cylinder is 80-100 PSI.
What accessories can be ordered on these valves?[+]
These valves can be ordered with variety of actuators, limit switches and solenoid valves. These valves can also be shipped assembled and pre-piped with the accessories.