Under general supervision, the Buyer bids, negotiates and expedites purchase orders and contracts for equipment and materials.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Request and analyze supplier quotes for mid‐size orders to support parts sales and contract
- Expedite purchase orders and ensure delivery requirements are met. Follow quality problems to
- resolution and make sure suppliers reimburse the company for problems caused by them.
- Evaluate current and prospective suppliers. Coordinate closely with NPD, Engineering and Quality
- Assurance in the evaluation of new suppliers.
Required Education, Skills and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree Preferred
- 3‐5 years experience in Purchasing role or relevant UCC experience
- ERP experience and understanding of manufacturing processes
- Ability to read and understand engineering drawings
- Computer skills including excel proficiency
- Local travel may be needed
To apply, please email resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and reference Buyer in the subject line.
UCC is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and is committed to hiring a diverse and talented workforce.