UCC’s ash feed valves are designed to provide shut-off and flow control of ash, both fine and coarse particle size, from a storage silo into a mixer/unloader or dry unloading spout. UCC ash handling valves are rugged, well-constructed, clean operating and easy to maintain. The metal disc is wear resistant and can rotate a full 180° to prevent material from hanging up the valve. The rack and pinion actuator is equipped with a positioner with 4-20 mA or 3-15 PSI input signals and limit switches to provide easy integration into existing control systems. UCC’s ash feed valves are shipped pre-piped and fully assembled which reduces field assembly and installation costs.
Ash Feed Valve:
- Cast Gray Iron Body – Rugged and high strength design
- Induction hardened cast iron disc – Improved wear resistance and extended service life
- Valve shaft and coupling – Robust and trouble free operation over shear/connecting pin design
- TFE impregnated yarn packing design – Reduces friction forces on shaft; provides a pressure tight seal and easy operation
- Valves are shipped pre-piped and fully assembled – Reduced installation costs
|Line Size: ||6" and 8" |
|Maximum Temperature: ||up to 550 °F |
|Flange Connections: ||ANSI B16.5, Class 150, Wafer Style |
Material of Construction:
|Body:||Cast Gray Iron|
|Disc:||Induction Hardened Gray Cast Iron|
|Packing Follower: ||Cast Gray Iron|
|Packing: ||TFE Impregnated Yarn|
|Coupler:||17-4PH Stainless Steel|
|Actuator Bracket: ||Fabricated Carbon Steel|
Please contact your local sales representative for more information.
What is the minimum air pressure required to actuate the rack and pinion actuator? The [+]
The operating range for the actuator is 60-100 PSI.
How often does the packing need to be greased? [+]
The packing should be greased once per month with Teflon based grease (UCC Part Number 40724-4).