UCC Sheardisk Valves are designed for both on/off service and venting/discharge applications in high pressure pneumatic conveying of the most abrasive materials, such as fly ash and limestone.
UCC self-lapping technology utilizes an internal linkage which drives two spring loaded disks against lapped body end plates. The disks move along a unique path and rotate with each stroke of the air cylinder which distributes wear evenly and extends the life of the disks and end plates.
The sheardisk valve can be shipped pre-piped and fully assembled with a variety of limit switches and solenoid valves to reduce field assembly and installation costs.
Superior Sealing Performance
- The valve is able to close through a packed column of material based on the low
profile of the disk and the high torque generated by the cylinder and lever arm
- Lapped body end plates and spring loaded disks allow the disks to slide on the body end plates which minimizes buildup and extends life
- Pressurizing the body with instrument air improves sealing and prevents material buildup in conveying line and venting applications
- Hardened stainless steel disk and seat provide excellent corrosion and abrasion resistance
Simple and Easy Installation and Maintenance
- Removable and greasable packing arrangement allows for easy maintenance and extended bearing life
- Standard inlet and outlet flanges allow it to be installed as a direct replacement for similar style valves
Unique Linkage Design Promotes Self-Lapping Action
- The valve disk is mounted on the coupler of a four-bar linkage inside the housing causing the disk to travel on a "coupler curve" and rotating against the inside flange
- The disk rotates 3600 in ≈20 open/close cycles, with most of the rotation occurring directly over the seat, which is the most beneficial location
- When closed, the interior of the valve remains pressurized, which forces the disk against the seat on the low pressure side and assures a tight seal
|Line Size: ||3" to 12" |
|Maximum Pressure: ||100 psi |
|Maximum Temperature: ||up to 300 °F |
|Flange Connections: ||ANSI B16.5, Class 125/150 for all line sizes |
| ||DIN 2576, PN10 available for 3" and 8" line sizes |
Material of Construction:
|Body: ||Carbon Steel Pipe or Cast Ductile Iron (depends on line size) |
|Body End Plates: ||Carbon Steel Pipe or Cast Ductile Iron (depends on line size) |
|Disc: || |
440C Stainless Steel - 50HRC
|Seat: ||440C Stainless Steel |
|Shaft: ||17-4 PH Stainless Steel |
|Bearing: ||Cast Bronze |
|Packing: ||Polyimide and PTFE yarns Impregnated with PTFE |
Can the Sheardisk valve be installed in conveying lines that have bi-direction flow? [+]
Yes. This valve has a disc and seat on each side of the valve end plates which allows it to be used in crossover or bi-directional flow applications.
Can the Sheardisk valve be installed in horizontal, vertical and inclined conveying lines[+]
Yes. See the Installation, Operation and Maintenance Instructions Manual for the preferred installation orientation of the valve.
What is the minimum air pressure required to actuate the air cylinder on these valves? [+]
The operating range for the air cylinder is 80-100 PSI.
What accessories can be ordered on these valves[+]
These valves can be ordered with air cylinder, limit switches and solenoid valves. These valves can also be shipped assembled and pre-piped with the accessories.