United Conveyor Corporation Silo Unloading systems are designed to store and unload ash efficiently and cost effectively. In most cases, the Silo Unloading system has the option to transfer ash in either a dry or damp condition to trucks or rail cars. Dry ash unloading is typical when the fly ash is sold and recycled. Otherwise, the ash is conditioned with water in the mixer/unloader equipment to minimize dust during transfer. The delivery of dry material into the mixer/unloader is controlled by an ash feed system. The feed rate is set at initial startup to optimize the conditioning of the material based on its physical and chemical characteristics. Both the mixer/unloader and ash feed system are operated by automatic controls.
- UCC ash feed intake valves are designed in-house for long-life, dependable service and easy maintenance
- Precisely controlled ash feed rate into the mixer/unloader is specific to each plant and based on material testing of physical and chemical characteristics
- Precise water spray (location and volume) prevents dusty or muddy ash providing complete and uniform wetting
- Corrosion resistant mixing chamber ensures long wear life
- Dust capture and venting features are used on dry unloading systems to minimize particulate emissions
- Mixer/Unloader dome top provides for easy inspection and access
- Adjustable volumetric capacity; multiple paddle positions for better correlation of capacity, mixing performance and start-up torque
- Long lasting, self-adjusting packing-type shaft seals eliminating the need to tighten packing glands manually -wet
What is the difference between a Paddle and Pin/Paddle Mixer/Unloader?[+]
The difference between a paddle mixer and a pin mixer is...
What is the maximum unloading rate?[+]
The maximum unloading rate is...
How is system performance affected by fuel changes, such as PRB blending?[+]
System performance can be affected by...
What affect will the addition of a dry scrubber (SDA) have on the Silo Unloading system?[+]
The addition of a dry scrubber can...
- Paddle Mixer, Pin Mixer